Thursday 14 April 2011

Getting Published.

I mentioned I've been baking, didn't I?

Well my boss caught onto this... what with all the cake I kept giving her. Then she saw something on the interent about Shelter encouraging people to hold bake sales to raise money for the work they do with the homeless types. She said we should have a bake sale and before I knew it, I was the poor sucker organising it.

Actually it went really well and we raised quite a bit of money. It has worked wonders for my profile as I've also been asked to write a piece for our departmental bulletin - "The Core Brief". Yes people, I've hit the big time. I think you'll agree I've really captured the correct 'hint of cheese' in the tone of first piece of local journalism... ok, in-house communications.

Strategy and Commissioning Get Baking for Shelter.

Strategy and Commissioning got their aprons on and mixing bowls out this April to bake cakes in aid of Shelter. The team took part in Shelter's "Cake Time" event, selling their tasty delights to all their HASS and PCT colleagues at Goswell Road.

The sale took place on Thursday 8th April with a delicious spread of baked goodies including carrot cake, chocolate brownies, cream scones and cookies to name but a few. It was great to see so many people willing to get involved. There were even a few first time bakers who say they'll be baking more now they've given it a go. Thanks to everyone who took part by creating such a great range of sweet treats and all those who enjoyed the cakes on sale and generously donated to a good cause.
The sale was a huge success and generated a terrific £242. All the money raised will go to supporting Shelter help homeless and badly housed families across Britain find and keep a decent, permanent home.




That's my carrot cake, which sold out the fastest. Not that I'm bragging. OK, I'm bragging a bit, but I can now I'm a successful fundraiser and soon to be published journalist. Sort of...

2 comments:

  1. PS - Does anyone know why blogger has started stealing paragraph breaks.

    I find it very upsetting. It doesn't always do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake looks good. Do you take orders?

    ReplyDelete