Saturday 3 March 2012

Chemical Imbalance Days

This afternoon (just an ordinary day in March 2012), I sat and wept ... alone at the bar of my local pub. I didn't want to come home and weep in front my lodger and his seven year old daughter (who stays a lot more often than he said she would). So, I just sat there and cried. Nothing bad had happened. I was just having a shitty low day. I mean yes I'm still jobless, childless and single, but I take all that in my stride.

No I'd generally agree with the view that you can choose happiness. I do my best to, with a healthy dose of cynicism, but every now and again, my brain chemicals (you'll never get me to admit - my hormones...) choose for me: Today, they chose uncontrollable public sobbing. The bar staff were as understanding as can be expected and one in particular was very sweet actually. She even stroked my arm and gave me till roll and a pen to write swear words on. Sometimes shit just gets real hey?

PS. I included some of this on my OKCupid profile... Good advertisement??

I felt I'd exhausted the bar staff's good will and patience, so came home eventually - got in at about 9 pm and thankfully, both lodger and lodger's daughter had gone to bed. Small mercies...

Do you like my sad dogs on till roll?


1 comment:

  1. If giant hugs and extra beers were emailable, I'd have sent a load.

    Instead, have a cat-related comic that I saw and thought of you because of. http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2530#comic

    The 3rd March is actually secretly an extra day in February, and we all know that February is rubbish. Scratch a line under it, run away from it, and enjoy the real March. Lying start-of-March-that's-actually-February-32nd is always rubbish. You're not alone xxx

    ReplyDelete