Tuesday 22 December 2009

Saint Nicholas and Saint John walk into a bar...


Everyone else is blogging their little hearts out. Well, Norm and Becki are and they are the ones I read most. I just don't seem to care for it at the moment. No one will notice, I surmised... When the time comes, I'll get back on the blog horse, I thought. It'll be ok...

But no - Becki has ordered me to blog. She said it quite loudly. "BLOG" she said.

So here goes. If you don't like it, don't blame me!

In terms of news updates, funny snippits of my latest carry ons or jolly whimsy about recent world happenings.

No, I have nothing.

What I do have is a Christmas cough. My doctor has promptly prescribed a true treat for me in the shape of a five day course of that ever amusing atntibiotic - Amoxicillin. Watch this space for the New Year yeast infection to follow.*

I was overwhelmed (note mild sarcasm) at the joyful and plentiful responses to my early greetings for the season in last week's posting. I'll be frigged if I'm bothering repeating the sentiment this week.

Bah Humbug to you - one and all.

OK, I've just remembered one other thing I've been meaning to blog for a long time. My Christmas Gift to you all. You see, even in my darkest times, devoid of all festive cheer, I offer you something lovely... See, I'm not all bad.



Oh Yes. God Bless St John!

I have to get back to my knitting now. If you want to ask anyone about absent bloggage, ask Becki St John Sproglet where her scarf blog went. Ungrateful little blogging bully.

*Apologies for the earlier over share. (particularly to you Norm) It is a genuine possibility with penicillin though and besides, I couldn't resist a bit of festive fun meets seasonal ailment alliteration.


3 comments:

  1. If it helps at all, I've also been bullying Nicki into blogging.

    Thanks for finally posting those highly flattering St John pics, I guess I asked for that.

    Scarf blog!! That's the pubcrawl and scarf blogs I've now gotta pull out of the hat. I'm keeping them in the bag for when I run out of snow and food material :D

    Love you too grumpy Oggers, I know the sentiment was there somewhere xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I quite like ladies in uniform. Any chance of you in a WPC outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention!!

    This is clearly the least flattering uniform of any in the world, with the possible exception of the Swiss Guard...but I doubt any ladies get the opportunity to don THAT little gem anywhoo

    ReplyDelete