Monday 13 December 2010

Christmas Cheer...

Unlike previous years, when I've been struck down with a huge dose of the bah-humbugs, this year, I am embracing the festive season with abundance. Here's how...

1) I put up my tree. It is the same shabby little artificial tree I have decorated for seven or more years. It is only a 3-foot B&Q number, but I'm sure you'll agree that even plonked on a coffee table and over loaded with twinkly lights, tinsel, balls and various cuddly ornaments it does the job.


2) I sent four Christmas Cards. I'll send more, but I was aiming for the last posting day to Canada with the first four.

3) I 'did my bit' volunteering at St Luke's Day Centre on Saturday. I was the Christmas Elf at the Santa's Grotto. The Grotto was incredibly popular and Santa ran out of gifts with half an hour still to go. So lots of the children only got a bag of sweets instead of a proper gift. They didn't have to pay £2 though and since I'd seen the quality of Santa's gifts, I'd say they got the better deal. Anyway, here is the picture as promised ... (It is just as well I am already in the habit of leaving my dignity at home on the weekends.)

A colleague/friend of mine Melly made the costume. I think it is marvellous. She could have made the hat a bit taller though. Also, it looks like I'm poking Santa in the face with my elf ear.

Poor Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment