Thursday 26 August 2010

MOVING TOMORROW

I'm moving flat tomorrow. I've lived in this flat for almost 9 years. WTF? Where did that go?

In the first few years, I got my first fish tank and I got my two furry feline friends, Mornington and Lucy and of course - I got rid of my useless tossbag of a boyfriend too.

Then the years merge into one big hazy blur. I left my job at Transport for London and soon found myself working at Islington Council, where still I lurk.

I put in a new kitchen at some stage.

I went to quite a few festivals.

I volunteered at the zoo.

I even took up comedy two years ago.

I've lost old friends and made new ones. I am lucky to know some fantastic people.

I've met and spent time with various different men... none of those - The One... a fair amount of freaks!

I guess I never planned to still be single... over seven years after splitting from Steph, but shitting heck, you can't plan for love hey!?

SO...

Although the sale of this flat and purchase of my new home has taken ten months, it has been a lot longer than that as a plan for myself. For years, I have harboured not so secret longings to expand into a two bedroom place, with my very own little garden... and now it is happening.

I guess when I thought of that little place, I saw it as something I'd be doing with a partner. After a long old time, I started to realise, maybe I shouldn't wait for the partner to get the home I want...As it happens, I am doing it with someone I love. I wouldn't bone her, but I think we'll be happy for a while...

Someone I work with laughed at me, when I got a bit emotional and explained - "this is my little dream flat I'm getting here." He scoffed, saying something along the lines of "Christ Jo, Your Dream Flat is a Two bed flat in Walthamstow? I think I'd probably have gone for an Exclusive Loft Apartment in Central London or something a bit more up market."

"Yes", I said... "but I'm getting this flat and you still rent a room from a mate, so who is the stupid one, between us?"

Anywho, enough of this navel gazing, I still have a lot of rubbish to clear up, a lot of boxes to pack and a lot of cleaning to do. I might be without internet for a few weeks, but I'll be back on as soon as I can to tell you how the big move went.

Moving Areas for concern:

1) Killing Roger the Goldfish in transit.
2) Mum and Dad killing each other in transit. I'd have opted for Mum not to be involved, but she has involved herself. She is very good and get things done, but has that tone that is seriously bossy and can increase tensions very quickly. I do not want a tense moving day!
3) Escaped or traumatised kitties.
4) Being up all night tonight, because I wasted the day on the interwebs...?

On that Note - Wish me well people... I'm going up in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Dawwww, luffs you too Jojo :o)

    Number 3), they're getting better though aren't they :D bless their little furry hearts.

    ReplyDelete