Friday 14 August 2009

Northampton & The Cubblers


See What I did there?

Cobblers? Cubblers?

I am so besotted with the beautiful new cubs at London Zoo. They are simply gorgeous. I am going especially on my non zoo Sunday to see them this weekend and am beside myself with excitement. I've even surprised myself on this one... Jo & Excitement are not two words to be put together lightly.
Went to Northampton last night with Norm. It was a really nice gig. Norm kept calm when we got caught in traffic for 45 minutes before even getting off the North Circular and really put his foot down when we did make it to the M1 to get us there only twenty or so minutes later than planned...
The crowd was friendly. I wasn't on until 5th of 6 comics and that meant I was performing about 11 o'clock when some people had scarpered home, but still I felt like I had some nice moments where I engaged with the remaining crowd (still plenty of people). I didn't just stick religiously to my material either. I think I might have been just shy of 10 minutes, but not too far off that mark. The other comics all seemed to do well and everyone seemed happy.
Norm did good for his 40th gig and after it all, he got us both home safe, even though it was an ungodly time of the night.
A fun time was had by all.
That film I went to see on Wednesday with Sprogs was creepy. Odd and creepy. Enough said!! Antichrist by Lars von Trier. The premise is two people grieving for their dead baby and how the husband tries to help his wife as she struggles to come to terms with that loss. She goes a bit bonkers to say the least.
The film was quite slow to get going though and two people even walked out of the cinema after about 45 minutes, but the tension did build up as it progressed. Although surreal and gruesome, the ending was worth the wait. (Even if when you are at the 11.30 showing and the ending happens at 1.30 am on a school night.)
If you do see it, you'll never be able to look at foxes the same way again. Or crows. Acorns could leave you a bit wobbly too... Rusty old scissors? You'll be avoiding those for sure! Gosh, I should be a film critic. I think I have hidden talents. ha ha ha.
BUT, Don't waste your time at the cinema. Go see the Lion Cubs. cubs cubs cubs cubs. I just love those cubs. I hope Barry is bringing some strong sedatives with him for this trip to the zoo on Sunday or he could have an overwhelmed Oglet on his hands!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Barry carries sedatives with him at all times. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cubz cubz cubz, we loves demz cubz!!

    Take a baseball bat with you Oggers, after being splashed across the papers you'll be lucky to get a look in!!

    ReplyDelete