Monday 3 August 2009

To Blog Or Not To Blog.

I'm not blogging anymore. There is no money in it anyway. Or is there? Norm has a new blog and it is covered in adverts. I bet he is raking it in now. Have I been super naiive? Could I retire on the ad hits from my blog alone? With only 6 followers to date, I'd better not bank on that. I've never been one to assume everything has to end in a pay cheque and I'm not sure the blog really benefits from being plastered in ads, but what would I know. . .



But no, I haven't quit blogging just yet, I do keep meaning to blog. Only 3 posts in July? That is shocking. All of those posts at the start of the month - so no posts since July 2nd? Again - it is a shocker, where have I been? What has been going on with me?



Well...



I've been in a mini lull. There are a lot of things I haven't been doing like I should...I only gigged twice in July too. Work has been a bit hard going. I haven't been to the gym. WW plateued at only 2lbs weight loss. Its all gone to the dogs!! Gone to the dogs, but still no puppy :'( Poor Ogs.



I did have a fantastic time in Cornwall. It wasn't sunny every day, but we did have a few lovely hot afternoons/mornings and one whole hotter than hot day on the beach. And little tiny toddler niece loves the beach too, so everyone was pleased with that. Constantine Bay was as beautiful as I'd promised and I think even Mum and Dad were taken aback by it. We ate out all the time. We visited places like the Eden Project and Tintagel Castle. I turned 33. It was a really nice family break.



I only had one tense moment, when by Wednesday, used to suiting myself 24/7, I felt like I had overdosed on 'happy family life'. I felt myself getting tetchy and grumpy for no good reason, but after grasping a few hours to myself on Wednesday morning, I put my smile back on. We all had a lovely last day or so and found our way to Friday morning and goodbye time, with everyone in excellent spirits...



I stayed on for a few more days with Vicky, for lots more eating, drinking and Cornish merriment, then sadly it was time to come back to London.


I've been back at work for nearly 3 weeks now and they have not been the happiest or the proudest 3 weeks of my 'career'. The boss has got wind of the fact I am - at best - coasting, at worst - drowing (in boredom and despair, rather than being overworked...) Oddly enough - he has started to get a bit shirty when things don't always get done as requested. Who knew? These managers can be so unreasonable at times!!



I did have a very nice gig in Eastbourne on the 17th. Thanks to Peter G for inviting me along to that.



Roger's tail seems to be looking pretty good after a few nasty bouts of finrot earlier this year and the cats are in fine fettle, so that is nice.


No point in detailing all that has been going on in July at this late stage: July, as they say, has been and gone. August lies ahead of us with a whiff of wonder, the parfum of promise or is that just more rain in the air? Anyway, it is August now, so it is onward and upward for this here Ogs...



Perhaps I'll try and switch to a more topical blog for August on a trial basis. Hey, I could even attempt to look at the news, read a book (or maybe read an article about a book). Maybe I'll watch a film between now and September. Lets face it, writing about me and the things I haven't been up to, is getting a little tiring... for all concerned.



Well there we have it - I am back up and running and more to follow soon, we hopes xx Sorry if it is a bit of a slow re-start, just as well I'm not reliant on that advertising income just yet...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, frankly, I haven't got a clue as to whether there is any money in blogging or not. If I actually make any money, I will let you know. But so far zip. This is an experiment. So my advice is blog if you enjoy it. If you don't - stop.

    ReplyDelete