Tuesday 23 March 2010

The theatre

I wrote this on OKCupid, but thought you'd be livid if I didn't share it with you too. Lots and lots has happened since I parted company with my dead macbook, then got my new macbook with absolutely nothing on it... I haven't found love on OKCupid yet, but I do have 70% of a profile now and I'm filtering through the weirdos a bit more easily as time goes on.

We had Nan's funeral last week, which was a sad day, but it was a nice send off. Not much more to say about that really. Oh, it turns out my cousins share my fascination with ghosts and ghouls. Funny old world!

I've done 81 gigs now. Norm is way ahead on something like 87, so go Norm, but it is all good. I spent all weekend doing work for free. Friday and Saturday nights - free bar work for The Comedy School and Sunday - free customer service for London Zoo. I like helping people and feeling useful, but am getting to the point where maybe I should think about finding ways to do that and make a bit of cash or choose something that also helps myself at the same time.

OK, I didn't write any of that bit on OKCupid, that is exclusively for you by way of introduciton. This was what I wrote for OKCupid today...Just now... about the theatre, as the title above would suggest:

I went to the New London Theatre tonight to see WarHorse. I went with my Mum and Dad. My Dad said on the way in... "Isn't this the place we came to see those blue blokes?" "Yes", said my Mum. "Oh, so it is" say I...Turns out my parents have better memories than me and I really enjoyed The Blue Man Group too. More so, than Avatar, which I saw in Stratford and not with Mum and Dad and even though I saw that in 3D, I still understand that 3D movie is different to theatre...

I really enjoyed the Performance tonight too. Those horses were absolutely amazing. I didn't think you'd feel emotional about fake horses, but they do such a good job with them, in the end you really feel involved. Mind you, I get emotional at most adverts. Sorry, I should clarify, I'm not here to review the production, just give you a little sum up of a night out...

In the interval I was fishing around in my bag for my purse to buy ice cream and my purse wasn't there. Weirdly enough, I hadn't made it out of the office for lunch today and so couldn't actually remember seeing the purse since yesterday when I stopped at the petrol station on the way home from the zoo. No point in panicking, but no ice cream for me tonight... I'd look for the purse when I got home and cancel my cards if need be after that.

When I said goodbye to Mum and Dad outside the theatre, Mum asked me to text her and let her know if I found my purse or not. Yes, fine I'll do that. Then just as I'm walking off, they both say - "See you on Sunday". "Oh, are we?" I mutter, bemused. I've clearly forgotten something else that they've remembered... I know I'm seeing them next Tuesday for comedy at the O2, not Sunday as well? I love my parents, but once a week is usually just about enough family fun. "Andrew is coming over, everyone is coming over. It's a big one. We're cooking. You remember" says Dad. I do remember, (after some prompting) and of course I'll be there. I've obviously already promised I'll be there. It just means I can't get as hanging drunk on Saturday night, behind the bar for The Comedy School now... Ho Hum.

I thanked them for a lovely night and bimbled off to get my tube home.

I stopped and checked my car on the way into the flat. My purse was there as plain as day on the passenger seat. A bit like in one of those crime prevention adverts, the really sad ones where the car gets broken into because some nit wit has left a laptop or a phone on the seat, except today, my advert had a happy ending, a bit like WarHorse did ... Ooops sorry, plot spoiler alert. I can confirm. No purses get stolen during the play WarHorse. Not on stage at least.

Last minute Blogger Edits in italics. Can you tell I've written it for an audience who don't really know me? I hope they liked it anyway. I hope you liked it too...

1 comment:

  1. **applause**

    Can you do little bloggy-type things on OKCupid then? It's all gotten much more high tech since I was on it as a wee lass!!

    *puts teeth back in*

    ReplyDelete