Friday 12 March 2010

Death of a Macbook

The insurance company has spoken. The macbook is "beyond economical repair". That people means it is dead. Poor old thing. I have shown it one last kindness and am having it's hard drive removed and turned into an external drive. Computer salvage ftw. It is like saving the soul I think or not having to reload all my cd's back into itunes. Not bad for sixty nine quid.

My new one is being delivered on Tuesday, oh yeah, the nice insurance people have bought me a new one. I already love my new one. I haven't even seen it yet, but I know I'll love it. It has 2 gigs of ram. and 2.2 giggerhurtz of something else. and 250 gigs of hard drive. I KNOW. You know I don't know, don't you? I know enough. It means it is big and fast, but actually the same size to look at as the other one. How do they squish it all in?

And whatever happened to giving me the money, so I could have gone and got a cheap rubbish laptop and a new TV instead?


Nope, I'm not complaining a new mac is very exciting... the delivery arrangement wasn't my best bit of planning ever as I'm also intending to get very drunk on Tuesday night, directly after work. Now I'll have my new baby mac to look after. I'm not leaving it at work. No way Jose.

With regard the OKCupid capers...

Norm, in the spirit of polite responses, I wrote to one of the people who had actually sent me quite an interesting email on OKCupid. I still didn't want to date him. He asked me about big cats at the zoo and I answered his question nicely and then said I probably wouldn't date someone 6'6" because I would look like a tiny freak next to them. He took it very well and we wished each other luck... Su, I think you are right about the ones that take it badly though. In general, I'm going to avoid talking to anyone I don't have to...

I've also been having an actual conversation (oh you know a computer kind of conversation...) with an OKCupid user. You'll have to give me a bit more time to f*ck that up and make a decent story out of it, but do watch this space...


Today's get involved question comes with a neat link to one of Giada's photos of me from the photo session... (because I know you're all itching to see more of them). Is this winky picture of me just a little tooo obvious for a free dating website?


It has a certain something. Two certain somethings maybe... I don't want to encourage any more wrong'uns.

Moving swiftly on...


What else of my week?


Just the one gig this week: DSS on Wednesday. I do keep really enjoying that gig. Was nice to catch up with Norm and Kalyi there too...

I have three viewings on the flat this weekend. This flat sale business is really dragging now. I just want to get my place under offer and get back to looking for Sprog's and I's love nest.

I have a form to fill in. You know, for work, so I'll leave it there for now.

Welcome new follower akuma. You can really expect standards and levels of excitement on the blog to really pick up once I get my mac back. Actually don't expect anything too much. That way, you'll hopefully avoid disappointment.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you look lovely, with a mix of coyness and a certain hello sailor quality.

    ReplyDelete