Wednesday 7 April 2010

Gig 82

Well I see I haven't topped you up on Oglet waffle for nearly a week. This abandonment must stop. Is it time for a quick update? OK, since you ask so nicely...

I went to Party Piece last night. It had been almost 3 weeks since my last gig. *please read that to yourself in the voice of a hopeless addict. Hopeless indeed - I can't even be addicted properly.

Shock on. No wonder I've been a bit down in the dumps. I wither away to almost nothing without the meaningless acknowledgment of strangers.

Well not literally wither away to nothing. Actually in the last 3 weeks, I've put on 6.5 lbs. What one might call AN EPIC DIET FAIL.

So, it turns out that sitting around on the sofa, feeling sorry for myself and calling Dominos when I have no healthy food in the fridge isn't good for me. Who knew? Actually I've been out drinking and feeling sorry for myself quite a lot too. Shucks. I think I have serious talent for putting on weight, I'm not playing to my strengths with this WW melarchy.

So... right ... the gig... I had done a bit of preparation on my anecdote about taking my niece to the zoo for the Amused Moose Qualifier on Monday. Then on Monday, I decided to stay on the sofa instead of brave the competition. Well, I thought I could put the prep to use at Party Piece last night, but when it came to it, I forgot most of what I'd written and had to manage on a wing and a prayer and just ramble through the story as best I could.

I told the sperm story too, which didn't exactly reach it's full comedy potential. It was alright, but I think with a bit of effort it will go down better. Yes, pun intended. groan. Soz!

Weight Watchers was before the gig and Lucy (all round lovely chick and 2010 WW buddy) came with me to PP too.

George Ryegold was on the bill last night. I whispered to Lucy that she would like GR and sure as poop pongs, she did like him: A lot. She said it was the funniest thing she had seen in a very long time and I had a little proud for introducing her to the joys of GR.

After all the comedy fun had ended, GR said to me at the bar that he had enjoyed my set and liked me better each time he saw me. (I think possibly all of twice now...) Him saying that meant a lot to me and I had a second little proud. He did hint that I might try and add in some funny lines. I'm paraphrasing. he might have said 'more funny lines'. Ha, a mere technicality... who does he think he is anyway?

I introduced Toby (GR's other name) to Lucy after, so that she could return the compliments on my behalf. She did so very well. She was all over that compliment shit. It was lush, we all had a nice chat and drank Guinness until much later than we should have done and by the time Lucy and I left there, we decided it was best not to hang around waiting for night busses, we'd get cabs home.

We took separate cabs because we live in opposite directions (clever hey?) My one was 11 pounds. That doesn't seem too bad to me. You know, it seems a lot better than falling over in the street, missing tube trains and getting hassled at bus stops. I got the cabbie to drop me off at WFC for a spicy bean burger and chips. Oh goodness, will I ever learn???

I am back on my diet today. Right back on it. Lucy has inspired me and I want skinny jeans. I thought they would be a passing phase, but they don't appear to be going anywhere and shoot me now. I just want to belong!

I'll do a proper dating post soon. I just need to have a think about how much I can go public on, without saying anything too controversial.

Oh did you see? Norm really is storming ahead now with his gigs. I'm sending him good vibes for his big Birmingham gig and accepting with good grace his romp into the lead in our gig race. Go Norm....

I'm off to the cafe before they run out of lettuce.

Take Care Out There. Hugz x

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps I should invest in some of these skinny jeans if they're all the rage.

    My tip is to eat an apple both as a snack and 30 minutes before lunch every day, even if you're horribly sick of apples and the very sight of them makes you want to retch. The weight falls off.

    If you'd like any more unrequested advice, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all getting skinny jeans. Yaaaay.

    What do the apples do and how many a day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really only takes a few apples. They simply reduce your desire to eat much at meals. I believe in keeping life simple.

    Substituting cider for apples does not count, by the way.

    I have decided to forgo the skinny jeans, as they are apt to send the opposite sex mad with desire.

    ReplyDelete