Tuesday 12 May 2009

Bringing the house down/The Weigh In.

I had a gig last night. It went really well, friends from Sidcup came to see me, which made me very nervous. I've known one pal since I was 11 and the rest since I was 16 or so, so I didn't want to make a complete tit of myself. They seemed genuinely surprised that I was any good which was nice. 

They did only have four other acts to compare me to, as something in the kitchen above the pub caught alight, started a blaze and we had to be evacuated half way through the show, so I was glad I'd asked for the third spot. Also got hand shakes, praise and thanks from strangers during the evacuation and in the post evacuation pub of choice ... mmm drink it up: Lovely comedy compliments :) Thats why I keep doing it! 

Last night was at least my 4th consecutive night of drinking and as you can imagine, the weight watchers was all feeling a bit of a shambles. I spent all afternoon today wondering how many more trips to the toilet I could physically make to empty my body of every last drop of moisture in an attempt to minimise my embarrassment when it came to tonight's weigh in. All that peeing was worth it. I'd lost 2.5 lbs. I think it was a bit of a fluke and was bloody shocked. 

I realise I have to lay off the booze a little bit if I can sustain any weight loss beyond week 1. I'm having a single solitary booze free day today. Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all set to involve eating out/drinking or both as it is my Mum's week to celebrate turning 60. (yes we have to celebrate three times!) Thursday isn't a 60 celebration day, but I am gigging then.

Re the gig... Little bit concerned. There are only three of us on the bill. How long a set is this promoter expecting for Christ's sake?

Got to go, chores to do and zero point soup to make now. I will endeavour to celebrate responsibly and not ruin the pee induced weight loss of this week.

2 comments:

  1. Pee Jo!! Pee as if your life verily depends on it! Get rid of some nuggets while you're at it! Oh sorry, is this not the place for that?

    Just as well you're not with us Sunday, after-zoo drinkies for Jades farewell may have been the straw to break the camels back.

    I've got a few points left today, but I'm saving those for tomorrows drinkies, I feel I may need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends in Sidcup? It really is a different orbit that you inhabit!

    Meanwhile, I've been working on your picture in PhotoShop. Not only have I re-coloured your hair in pink (thus saving you a fortune on a dangerous experiment next time around), but I'm also adding braces and a pork-pie hat to make you resemble a late 70s neo-Nazi psychopath. You'll be delighted with the results, I promise you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete