Thursday 14 May 2009

Rod Stewart

I saw Rod Stewart having tea at the Ritz. Yeah, me and the Rodster like that *crosses fingers in gesture of familiarity* Actually, I was the first of twelve in our group (big fambly celebration of momentus birthday for Mumma) to say Rod just walked in. Nobody believed me and when I doubted my own sighting and saw a lookylikey, but not Rod in Rod's group from across the Palm Court, I said oh no, maybe not. 

A bit later after we'd over indulged in crustless sandwiches and delicious tiny cakes,  I was sent by the birthday girl, My Mum after my 'Sister in Law to be' to help nappy change smelly bummed Niece. Hastily following the nappy change pair, I checked across the room and I saw Rod really was there after all.  I tripped down the last of three stairs into the lobby in my excitement. Yes, in full view of everyone enjoying their tea. Get over it, it was only a little trip!! I almost wish I'd done a TJ Hooker style roll across the Ritz floor. When we returned with fresh nappy niece and confirmed our Rod sighting, all twelve people started shifting into eyeline and staring un-necessarily in his direction. Shame!! 

It is cool though. My Dad is a huge Rod fan. I was so chuffed to have been the first to notice his old time all time Rock Idol :o).

Tomorrow the celebrations continue with a weekend in Bath. It is Mummy's 60th, so she is properly milking it... I have to be up dead early. Blaaaa. Once I've met my parents tomorrow before 10 am, I might relax for the first time this week.

Gig tonight cancelled. No one there. Again. I have put a curse on The Long Room it seems. Sorry Long Room. Hope curse lifts soon. I'll do my voodoo chants nightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment