Wednesday 7 October 2009

The Big Clean


After my crazy arsed plan to find Becki and I a love nest, a very brief conversation with an estate agent has led to my flat getting valued tomorrow. Apparently it is better to be 'under offer' before hunting around for the dream home. My Dad says he can get my HIPS done for nuffink, so that is nice, they've been squeaking for a while now, but what that has to do with the flat, I've no idea. Anyway, so whatever happens, I need to know what this flat is worth and what I can afford, before I can look about for something new. I guess I'll be meeting with the mortgage people soon too then. So my mad capped plan is very rapidly becoming an actual real life very serious investment and change of life plan with all sorts of commitment and financial implications. Oh heck...

In the meantime. A big clean up was required and QUICK! Pictures were taken...

She won't be happy until that window sill is gleaming...
Not every day I get spotted doing the dishes...

And even 'shiny sinking' the sink


Now this next bit was where things really started to hot up. This stuff truly is a miracle...


Mix 1 part Miracle Foam shampoo with one part water and agitate to get the foam up...

Squeeze out the rollers...

And simply roll away the filth...


HOT...

HOTTER STILL...

Et Voila...



Thank you Sproglet for all your help this evening. We ARE Domestic Goddesses :)

8 comments:

  1. Um, I'm not sure photos like these should be appearing in a family blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like my sexy-non matching socks in picture number 1?

    When I got home and took my boots off this horrible chemical smell wafted up from my socks...overpowering even the stink of cheesiness..it was quite incredible.

    I can't quite believe how sexy I am

    ReplyDelete
  3. My attention was focussed - ah - elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the fish ARE a minor distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard them called *that* before but it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norm, This blog is about cleaning. Filth has no place here and I object to your insinuation that there is any evidence of such.

    The pictures taken are merely to evidence the immense effort that went into sprucing up the flat and to educate the nation to the wonders of the Magic Dry Foam carpet cleaning system!

    And yes, Roger is a fine looking fishy!! I'm often distracted by him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Miracle Dry Foam, it is so good, I forgot it's name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Educate the Nation!! THE NATION NEEDS TO KNOW!

    It is magic Jo, like no magic I've ever seen before

    ReplyDelete