Monday 5 October 2009

This blog Has Been Really Dull. Not Anymore It Isn't...

Outrageous.

Of late, all this blog seems to consist of is apologies for lack of content or lack of frequency or lack of excitement. I'm not giving up though, like the owner of a stubborn untrained puppy, there may be poop everywhere, but I am plodding on. With hard work and determination (ha ha ha - did I really use those words?) With a bit of work and nowhere near enough determination, I'll make this blog, sit, stand and roll over with shiny coated, waggy tailed finesse...

Of course, I'd be much better with an actual puppy than I am with this here blog. I'd love that puppy. I don't show this blog enough love. Aaaargh my puppy analogy has got out of control and just made me go on about my unfulfilled puppy love and feel a bit sad again.

OK, Fetch...

It isn't like I haven't done blog worthy stuff, because I have.

I went on that boat trip. That was ace, Cruising on the River Wey aboard the Goosander ... That deserves a whole entry all to itself. It is unlikely to get one, as it is almost ten days ago since I returned, but remember these few points:
  • Narrow boats are generally smaller than flats or houses and they don't have lovely flush toilets. The bunks are quite narrow and you have to take care not to fall out of them.
  • Some locks are stiff, some locks are loose, whatever the lock - always remember to close the slooshes before you leave.
  • Mind you don't rip your fingers off by getting them tangled in ropes holding onto boats that are heavy.
  • Take whisky and whipped cream to add to your coffee. YUM! Warm and creamy, tasty coffee and booze - all in one!!
  • Boat people and people by canals and rivers are generally happier and friendlier than city people. Everyone Smiles. Try it! If you can be arsed, wave too. You might think they are all c*nts by the end of the week, but just keep on smiling and waving and you'll be fine.
  • Life on the river, means plenty of swans, geese and ducks to feed. CUTE. Big up to the swans, geese and ducks!
  • We were really lucky with the weather, if it rains, this holiday would most likely have been a heap of swancrap: Wet, stinky and no fun at all...
  • When you get off the boat and on to dry land after an extended stay, expect to feel discombobulated. Still things on land will seem to sway. You may crave to be back on the water, just so you know if it feels like it is moving - that is because it is!! Fear not, it is just your sea legs and your land legs rearranging themselves and something to do with your lugholes. It should only last a day or so.

A few piccies of note were taken, sorry not to have them ready. I'll sort them out soon. Or not, it don't really matter... I've painted the pictures with my words. Don't you agree?

There - CONTENT! And this puppy ain't done playing yet!!

Since I've been home from my hollibobs, I've been having some lovely nights out with my Becki Sproggles :) We have had mucho Fun! Such were our drunken antics on Friday night, that we stumbled back to mine and who knows what time in the morning, eating burgers, chips and appley pies from WFC. KFC was shut by then :P I'm a good friend. I didn't make her trudge home alone in the wee small hours. No, I let her stay. We woke up still a bit drunk on Saturday and we giggled and we giggled, just at our own silliness really, but it was very therapeutic and good for the soul indeed. Laughter is the most certainly the best medicine.

A tiny gentle breaker of a brainwave, lapping on the shores of my consciousness has become a brain tsunami as I think I might be about to do something about this next big life question: Why live by oneself in a one bedroom flat, when a two bed place (with a lodger), even if it does mean a bigger mortgage could actually be MORE economical? Plus, I'd have company and I'd look for one with a garden, to play out with the kitties and all in all it would be bigger, better and loads more FUN! I'd have to find someone to live with though... Who would make the perfect lodger? Who do ya think? Hee hee. I'm a reckless case when I put my mind to it and the Estate Agent is coming on Wednesday to value the current Ogflat.

I'm gigging too:

Oh yeah, I got past the 50 gig marks and thanks to Keith Palmer and The Comedy School for making number 50 so special. Keith doesn't read this, but if he did, he would see that I am grateful for him offering me a spot on such a lovely night. 100+ students and a really great line up, plus me. I wasn't bad and the night overall was very cool!

Comedy competition tonight at the Leicester Square Theatre and Monkey Business on Thursday. Oh yeah. I'm keeping up with the comedy goings on. Yes siree, I certainly am!

Roll on 100 gigs...

And I booked a three night trip to Rome. That is November. More on that later.

And I haven't been swimming as much as I should, but the Channel challenge rumbles on... See the other blog for that hey?

1 comment:

  1. ME ME ME ME ME ME!!

    Ogs and Sprogs living together...sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare? (Bit of Beyoncé there for you)

    But what will we do with our morning lay-in's together when we have no more house-hunting to do?? ;)

    Regretting your tsunami yet?

    :D looking forward to the mass cleanage tonight ready for valuation tomorrow....we shall prance around to your cool music and then my cheese.

    Oh yes

    Oh yes

    ReplyDelete