Friday 23 October 2009

Hip hip hooray, it is Friday today

Well we've made it through another long week and the weekend looms like a giant sweet peach of free time and happiness.

FYI, those of you that were a little peeved by the previous glum Tuesday based post... I've responded in the comments and I'll be on my bestest behaviour from now on. Well maybe... Better not make promises I can't keep.

Sproggles has been busy with her blog. Some of the things she has been writing about are hilarious. Like locking herself in the loft at work. Classy chick.

I'm helping at the Comedy School tonight and tomorrow night. Showcase-o-rama. See, I'm kind and do helpful stuff. I'm not JUST an ungrateful layabout.

The househunting continues this weekend as well, so I'll keep you posted on that. Oh yeah, I have to do a whole lot of swimming too. I will update the Swimming blog next week, when hopefully, I'll be nearly half way across the channel ...

OK, I'm going to do some work now people. Yes, I said work... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the work, and the swimmage, and the comedy volunteering, and the househunting....especially that last one! My you're a busy one.

    I'm looking forward to a chilled weekend, other than the no doubt freezing few hours I spend at Selhurst Park watching football and waiting for someone to hurt themselves.

    Big love loves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My point was – who wants to become a cause celebre on the Internet for bad-mouthing their job and then lose it? Wise choice to lay off the public complaints.

    Kind, helpful? Strange comment. You probably are. I can’t say and it’s not relevant. I’m suspicious of volunteering and charity because a lot of it is done for the wrong reasons. Displacement activity, lonely, making people feel part of a “good cause” to tell their friends about. There’s nothing worse than a colleague running a marathon chipping you for a few quid when they know you cannot refuse without becoming the office pariah. Don't even start me on Children In Need. Probably too many years in banking have left me cynical!

    I hated my job for 4 years. It lost me some friends and nearly put me in the divorce courts. The daily dread of work, sitting there doing nothing but pretending, ruined everything. I took a break, did an MSc at the LSE in Management and Strategy and it changed my life. It can be done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete