Friday 6 November 2009

A time for Industry

Yes, this is right! I said Industry!! I had better explain... before people start to think they are on the wrong bloggage.

Well - So good is my diary planning that in the space of five days, I will be doing four comedy gigs!? You could say my gigs are like buses. None for ages, then four come along at once. Well it hasn't been ages, but it has been a little while. You wouldn't want to wait for a bus for 10 days I guess...Then after this week, I could end up going another two weeks until I gig again as well. What a goon! Anyway, this is a very disorganised list of what and where they are. If any blog passer by was interested in attending, just shout me up and I'll get you proper details.

Tomorrow: What Am I funny Huh?, Queen's Head, Piccadilly Circus.

Sunday: LOL Show, High Wycombe (scariest of the four - Mr Cee of the Comedy School said "Bring your best stuff, they can get rowdy." He offered me a spot, but then threw in this advice after hearing my set, twice in a week!? I took it as a huge compliment to get the gig and he obviously must have enjoyed something, but does he think I have some secret funnies that I've not been sharing with the students at the Comedy School?)

Tuesday: Party Piece, Stamford Hill, (I've not got my name down, but I'm hoping that is a mere technicality. I will be there for the discount Guiness, performance or no performance...)

Wednesday: A gig for a brain injury charity called Headway in a pub called the Water Poets... Someone at work asked me if I was interested in doing it and I get to do ten minutes if I like, so that should be nice. I suppose I'll have to take the brain injury section out of my set though. It simply won't be the same!!

I wonder if this monumental run of comedy magic will make me or break me. If I live to see Thursday of next week without liver poisoning, I'm hoping I will at least have learnt a few comedy lessons. Plus I'll be polishing my "60" medal with glee :) There is a medal right? Norm mentions it so much, there has to be!? I'm hoping the gigs go well, I don't lose my job and I feel encouraged to do a few more gigs EVERY week, but let us not hold our breath for this spell of industry lasting, hey?? Let us not tempt that eggy basket of funny fate.

Oh and I'm still knitting my scarf... intermittently and I have an order for a new scarf for a very special someone, so I had better get busy with the knitting needles too.

OK, I'm going home now and you will all be glad to hear that I am having an alcohol free day today. Yes, I'm not proud, but this is a big deal to me. My week has been a social whirl...I've been out five nights in the last week and am now saving up my energies for my "Comedy Tour" :) I guess having t-shirts printed is a little premature, but hey ho.

1 comment:

  1. Only the best cashmere dahling, only the best!!!

    You'll kill at all your gigs fo sho

    Shizzle mah nizzle and all that shit :o)

    How odd, I saw a little bit about the Water Poet in the paper today, was thinking of it for me bday, hummmm.

    Big love loves dahling xx

    ReplyDelete