Thursday 11 February 2010

Terrible things you shouldn’t say when someone dies.

Last night, I learnt that a friend of mine, who I’ve known since University died at the weekend. We hadn’t seen each other in a few years, but chatted on facebook and had intended to get together for drinks, but never quite got our acts together.

This is obviously very sad for his family. I was shocked and upset. I can’t imagine what they are going through. He was only a few years older than me.

I was talking about this with my team mates earlier as I’ve been invited to the funeral and I’m trying to decide if I should go or not.

This afternoon, I got a completely unrelated facebook friend request from someone on the comedy circuit and I said to my colleague. “Ah, I just got a new friend request. Well, you win some you lose some.”

My colleague laughed and so did I, but now I feel pretty terrible.

RIP Jeremy.

1 comment:

  1. :( always a shocker when that happens so suddenly to someone so young.

    Norty Jo! He'd probably have appreciated the joke though!

    ReplyDelete