Wednesday 1 April 2009

April Fool's Day.

Pizza Hut wrote to me, they said I could get my portrait on a pizza. I think it might have been their idea of an April Fool.

Very tired this afternoon. It has been a busy day at work pretending to the new manager that I'm an important cog in the Housing and Adults Social Services Performance machine. So far, I quite like the new manager. I have been known to speak too soon though.

I have a gig tonight at Pearshaped. Not quite sure where I'm going to find the energy for that. Well it is only five minutes and if I use my low energy stillness tactic again, perhaps I'll get away with it.

The manager that isn't line managing me anymore sent me a pdf document today. Quite out of the blue, tacked onto a note about an anuual leave request - He said, just in case your parents haven't sent you this already ... and it was an article about a book called 50 ways to find a lover. I thought it was very funny that even a man who line managed me for no more than 3 months is showing interest and support in getting me paired off. We talked a lot in those three months though...

Yeah, after he accidentally found out I was unhappy in my work, we had some chats... I must have really opened up and told him about my brother's happy family life and how my Mother must be quite dismayed that I can't manage to get myself a similar set up. Anyway - the book itself is chicklit, that I probably won't get around to reading. What I liked about the article was that finding a man mostly seems to revolve around getting drunk. Can't be all bad, I'm half way there then!

Ooooh this tiredness. I might be talking myself out of the gym after work. Hmmmm. I should try and talk myself back into that.

5 comments:

  1. Did you get to the gym? How did pearshaped go??

    I think this is a clear indication that we need to go out and get drunk far more often :o)

    Ok, I guess Didger should stay with his mates, I'm gnna get him a pressie though he he!!

    Don't be sad about the lack of man Jobie, if they don't realise the fabulousness of what's sitting in front of them they don't deserve it anyway :o)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I got that pizza hut email too, check out me blog to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, let's hear about Pear Shaped!

    Do you remember the character on "The Catherine Tate Show" who fell in love with the serial killer on death row? I'm thinking that you could test the waters with a condemned psychopath to get you back in the dating game. There's a link for death row penpals at:

    http://www.ccadp.org/penpalsnew.htm

    What's with the pizza obsession?! I know it's wrong (and not very Italian either - still, filthy people), but you can't beat a medium, deep-pan Pizza Hut with tomato chunks, pepperoni, red onions, ground beef and double green chilli. Theo Randall can take his “Pizza Express Specials" and shove them up his arse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No gym. Will write mini blog on Pearshaped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Blogden....get your ARSE in gear and write us another entry! I'm trying to skive off work and have nothing to read!

    ReplyDelete