Tuesday 14 April 2009

Cornwall - the other days and back to Grey Old London

I left you with the promise of day two, Friday, in Cornwall being a sunny beauty and it didn't disappoint. We went walking on the cliff tops with Jacob, Mike's naughty doggie and had ice cream on the beach and pints of cider on the sunny balcony at Viccy's local - the Tredrea. We went home and had some food before returning to the pub for open mic night. open mic for music though, so I didn't do a Goddard and wrestle the mic from some poor unsuspecting folk guitarist, just to try and slip in a few funnies. ;-) The pub was lively, the music was jolly and we all got rather drunk and had a splendiforous time. 

In a drunken fug, Viccy hatched an evil plan to set me up with one of the few local single men available, in order that I'd fall in love with more than just the Cornish Coastline and want to move down there for good. She has always had it in for London and been unconvinced that it is the best place for me. What a silly plan it was... I can't be duped that easily. Can I?

Cut to Saturday, the sun continued to shine and Viccy and I ventured into Padstow to try and have a jolly ride on one of the boats that chugs around the area. It was low tide when we got there. No boats! The place was packed with tourists, the very sight of which disagreed with Viccy's delicate "I'm a local" sensibilities.  We got ourselves a Chough pasty (the best in Cornwall) and retreated quickly from the tourist trap to get ready for a BBQ and Easter Egg Hunt at Viccy's that evening. We made a quick stop for a few more pints at the Tredrea balcony on the way...

BBQ/Easter Egg Hunt all good fun and once the BBQ was enjoyed and the Eggs all found, a small select group of us Easter Bunnies wound up tired and slobbed out in front of a film at V's place for a fairly quiet Saturday night in. 

A still sunny but slightly subdued Sunday followed as we mooched back to the beach, paddled in the sea and I felt sorry for myself that I had to return to shoddy old London. 

Viccy shouldn't need evil plans. Who could fail to love Cornwall, especially when the sun shines? Having said that, I'm not moving anywhere just yet. They don't have a comedy circuit for one thing. However, I am courting controversy by trying to talk the Oggy family into a week on the Cornish Coast in Summer instead of a week by the Italian lakes. If they go for it, its all fingers and toes crossed that the weather doesn't let us down...

Gig at Party Piece tonight. Better get a few jobs done about the flat before its time to go. My extra day off has been highly unproductive. 

2 comments:

  1. Doing the Derby Gong on August 17th so if you want a lift there, email Spiky Mike for a spot and I'll drive. Going to have to give the Amused Moose competition a miss this year. Doing a 10 in Eastbourne tomorrow and want to trial some new gags at LLWHAC in Piccadilly Circus tonight if I can get on. Going to have get my skates on if I want to catch up - I'm on gig 21.

    ReplyDelete