Wednesday 8 April 2009

Hollibobs.


I'm here at work for my last day, before MY BIG 6 DAY BREAK. Anyone would think I'm off for 6 weeks with the way I'm feeling. I'm ever so pleased with myself. And I'm off to the beautiful Cornish coast tomorrow until Sunday. Padstow on the North coast is the closest place on the above map to where I'll be staying, (hope this helps potential stalking...) but my friends home is in a very remote little spot (remote? that is the last thing I need to be telling stalkers... scary)near Padstow / St Merryn with a view of fields and beach. Pure beauty it is.
So remote is that part of the world - I don't get a phone signal. It takes me a day or two to calm myself down from that inconvenience. It should be a treat and I'm rarely missing anything important because of it, but to me it feels like I've lost a limb or something. Not entirely unlike Barry's ladder man. I make regular excuses to go into town or to Tesco where there is a signal and I can check my phone. It is ever so sad. You can take the girl out of the city. . .
The phone is the only downside. I love Cornwall and my oldest bestest buddy* lives there and we always have brilliant adventures together. Plus I'm out of the office for six whole days. Yaaaaayyyy. I've already done a giddy little dance of joy and had a little sing song, "It's my last day. I'm off for six days. I'm going to Cornwall to see my buddy." A sight to behold for all my hard working colleagues.
I will endeavour to blog from the West Country. I'm trying to resist nerdily taking my own laptop and may have to ask to borrow one, but if I'm at the beach and/or smashed on Cornish Rattler cider the whole time as I kind of intend to be, I might not bother blogging, in which case - I'll share the highlights upon my return on Sunday. Mwah, fanx my daahlings xxx
*not old as in creeky, old as in I met her 14 years ago and even though we are far apart, we keep in touch and she means the world to me. Not bestest London buddy - that is different. you know who you are Sprog xx

4 comments:

  1. Hoes....HOES!! In different area codes....area codes. (For the tune look up Ludacris - Area codes)

    I are your hoe in London :o)

    Ooooh, I want to be in Cornwall now. Italy is so far away and not sure about all these earthquakes :o(. I'll go and help some people rebuild their houses :o)

    Enjoy your holiday lover, I'll look after your fishies and kitties, see if I can get rid of another Dannio ;o)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overflowing with bile today (quite literally... it must've been a bad pint as I've turned yellow again), but your enthusiasm for your hols has brought the crease of a smile to my otherwise dour features. You'll be able to have lots of lovely seafood courtesy of Mr Stein - just don’t mention Chalky the dog.

    I’m not convinced by Rattler. I prefer Healey’s Cornish Scrumpy, which can be mixed with Delirium Tremens (Huyghe) to produce a pleasing, well-rounded and highly alcoholic snakebite. Last time I had a session on that I woke up in my wardrobe.

    Have a great holiday and casual sex with a blonde, tussle-haired Cornish surfer. I’ll be thinking of you…

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't go making rude suggestions to the local comics. But if you must, make sure they sign the disclaimer : )

    ReplyDelete